EMP Banner Header Sportech Program
EMP text cards Inscripció programa
EMP Title Programa Sportech
Programme for sportstech startups
Web text card sportech program
EMP Text Cards Sportech Program
How to participate in the programme?
A maximum of 20 startups will be selected to participate in the Bootcamp phase, where a jury will choose the 12 participants who will access the programme, that will last 6 months.
The 20 startups participating in the first phase will be chosen by a technical committee of Barcelona Activa from all the applications received within the established terms.
The 12 selected startups will have a workspace at the B-STEP Coworking Space located in the Almogàvers Incubator (carrer dels Almogàvers 165).
If you want to participate in the next edition, fill in the form.
Who is it aimed at?
This programme is aimed at startups that develop their activity in the sports or physical activity sector. To choose the participating startups, the following criteria will be taken into account:
- The startup must have a defined idea with some innovative feature. A first version of the product or a validated idea in the market will be highly valued.
- It is not compulsory for the startup to be incorporated.
- The members of the promoter team must be available. At least one person must be 100% dedicated to the startup.
- Involvement and commitment to both the startup and the programme
What sectors can participate in B-STEP?
We are looking for startups related to the following activities:
Wereables, e-sports, Digital training/Coaching, Fantasy sports, Sports marketplaces, Physical activity data software and apps, Tools for sports professionals, Social platforms, Sports content generation, Development of new materials, Management tools for sports activities and/or events.
B_Step Emp Number cards
EMP Img Inscripció programa Sportech
What does the programme consist of?
The Barcelona B-STEP programme is free of charge and consists of two phases:
1. We select a maximum of 20 startups. The first phase (Bootcamp) has a duration of five days, the first four will work on the definition of the business model and the fifth will be a presentation of the project.
2. The second phase (programme) consists of the incubation of startups for 8 months, where there will be a free coworking space. The participating projects will receive personalised advice, training, participation in networking activities related to the sports ecosystem to promote synergies and cooperation with the aim of strengthening the startups.
At the end of this second phase, a closing ceremony will be held in which a jury will choose the winning startup of the programme, which will receive a prize of €10,000.
If you want to know more about the B-Step programme you can download the presentation.